Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last Minuted gift: Personalized Throw Blanket

Happy Birthday to my Roomie Leah!

Her birthday is today and with the holidays just past, I've been busy.

While at Target I saw that they had throw blankets on sale for $11. I picked one up and thought this was a great opportunity to use my new sewing machine. She loves purple and cat-naps so I think this will be perfect for her :)
I first embroidered her name and a heart on a piece of scrap fabric I had. I didn't want to go straight for the blanket in case I messed up (which I did :P)

After I embroidered her name I zig-zag stitched it to another light purple piece of fabric then zig-zag stitched that to the blanket. I love how it came out. Its personal and cute :)



If you don't have an embroidery machine you can always cut out a letter, flower or other shape and zig-zag stitch that onto the corner for a cute personal touch.

1 comment:

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.