Monday, January 31, 2011

Reusable Coffee sleeve- From Recycled grocery bags!

I drink coffee everyday and I feel like these sleeves go to waste. I try to remember to save them but sometimes I forget. 



So I decided to make these reusable ones. Bonus: they're CUTE!



I started by fusing together used grocery bags. (If we are doing the eco friendly thing, we've gotta go all the way.) If you need a tutorial on fusing bags, go here.  

 Once they are all fused together use a sleeve as a template to cut the shape out of the bags. I used a template that I got offline and it was too small. I would suggest using one from a coffee shop.
 Then you will have something like this.
 Use the same template and cut out a scrap of fabric a little bit smaller than the plastic sleeve.
 
 I picked out a colored thread. I thought red would go cute with the black and white fabric. I stitched a straight line around the edge to make sure the layers of plastic wouldn't separate.
 Then I used a zig zag stitch to hold down the fabric.
 I think it turned out really cute with the red thread
 I used some hot glue to attach velcro to the edges.
 Then you're done.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute & cheap idea :). I would love it if you would link up to my party, Craft Courture Monday. HOpe to see you there.

    http://dominiquescraftcouture.blogspot.com/2011/01/welcome-to-craft-couture-mondays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used grocery bags for this! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo I want one of those. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute and green! :-) These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is tooooo cute!! Thanks for finding me! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.