Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dollar Store "Faux"-pothecary

UPDATE: I finally found it! Here is the link up to where I found this idea.

 I've been seeing a lot of these apothecary jars in BlogLand and I haven't been able to find any at the thrift stores. But then I saw this idea of taking candle sticks and glass jars from the dollar tree and gluing them together. I was on that idea in a matter of hours.

I Really hate to take an idea and not give credit to the blog I found it on, but I was SO sure that I found the blog from the "dollar store crafts Facebook page" and now I can't find it for the life of me! I googled it and found a few blogs with similar ideas but not the same one I saw. So if I find it, I will for sure update this.

So here is my work in progress:

 Now I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend finding a base similar to the one on the right.... because otherwise you will have something top heavy and you may end up with a situation similar to this:
And then there were 2
Here are some pictures of my bathroom:
The Rug

I'll keep you updated on the bathroom sink. I'm not totally satisfied.... Then again, will I ever be? :P

11 comments:

  1. Ooo that's such a good idea! They look so expensive! Your bathroom looks cute, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bathroom sink is nice, what do you mean!? You should see my sink and light fixture....there's a reason I haven't posted about it...HAHAHAHHA...Right out of the 70's. Well, earlier! I would love your sink!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s love the jars. I made one with a silver candlestick, that looks cute too! They DO look expensive! I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful! I know that Dollar Store Crafts had something similar where she made a cake plate out of a regular plate and a glass/cup/candlestick holder - maybe that's what you were thinking of???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Idea! Is this what you were looking for?
    http://dollarstorecrafts.com/2010/11/make-a-large-apothecary-jar/

    ReplyDelete
  6. what kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. use the gorilla glue its the best

      Delete
    2. Is there a special gorilla glue or did you use the regular kind that foams?

      Delete
  7. I've seen these everywhere and I love them! I can't wait to make some of my own. Mind if link to you in a post and use one of your pics?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome ! Finding the right vase and base - I can make some to use on the candy/dessert table at a party.

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.