Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lace Ring

As I was thrift shopping I saw this cute little lace doily that was a little stained. I got it for just $1. I thought it would be perfect for this lace ring that "Stepping thru Crazy" made on her blog.



Keep Reading to see how it turned out!




First, I clipped all of the crocheted flowers off of the doily. Then, I used Modge Podge to stiffen the flowers. After, I hot glued it to a piece of ribbon that I then wrapped around my finger. I've been looking like Crazy everywhere for "ring blanks" (a plain ring with a glue pad) I can't find them anywhere. Anyway, here are some photos of how I made the ring. For a full tutorial check out "Stepping Thru Crazy".




I actually put a little violet rhinestone in the center of it too. But I did it after I took the picture. I love it. Its so cute and unique!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me! I love your ring! Those flowers are so pretty. I have to look for a doily like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I need to find some ring blanks too!

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.