Friday, July 16, 2010

Placemat purse



Check out this cute Purse I made out of a dollar tree place mat. It's super easy and only takes about 5 minutes!




You will need:
-sewing machine
-ribbon (on hand)
-handles ($2.50)
-placemat ($1.00)





ONE: Cut 4 pieces of ribbon around 3-4" depending on the thickness of your handles.

TWO: Pin the ribbon to one of the shorter sides of the placemat wrapping the handles in them. Make sure that the handle is centered on the placemat

THREE: Sew all the way across from one end to the other sewing the ribbon to the placemat. If you can sew over the existing hem it will look a little cleaner.
FOUR: Trim off excess ribbon.



FIVE: Repeat on the other side.



SIX: Fold in half and sew each side to create the pocket.
SEVEN: Fill it with stuff! Project total: $3.50

6 comments:

  1. I was starting to get worried! Las Vegas sounds so fun! I love this purse, it's so quick and easy, and I was just thinking about making a placemat purse yesterday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow hope you had fun! And I love the purse!
    I also re-passed the versatile blogger award on to you, as one of my 5 favourite blogs to read!! Just so you know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a quick sewing project! I'm trying this!! Thanks for the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bringing it back this idea ,probably why Stores jacking up prices of placemats ..shoot! No more 3.50 .lol..too adorable

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.