Monday, June 28, 2010

Ruffles and stuff

Ive seen so much of this ruffle all around "Blogland" so I thought that I would try it. It was super easy! Which surprised me a little. I used fabric on hand and a tank top I already had. The tank top actually had a stain from work so the ruffle was perfect to cover it up.

Here is a picture of me in my newest creation that I paired with a skirt that I got at TJmaxx on Clearance for $5. I just wanted to brag about my good deal :P

If I were to do this again I would:
-use fabric that doesn't unravel
-not be lazy and use the same color thread as the fabric :P
-do the first stitch off center, pull the 1 thread to ruffle, sew it to the shirt down the center of the ruffle, then pull out the first stitch so that you are left with 1 stitch down the middle instead of two mish-moshed together.


I Think it turned out so cute. I plan to make more :)

3 comments:

  1. CUTE! I've been thinking about refashioning some of my unwearable shirts lately.
    Check out this link for more t-shirt surgery!
    http://ohmystars.net/craft/index-surgery.php?page=tsstut4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love! Please make more and share. I don't have a sewing machine, but I sure like all these ruffles around 'blogland.' Thanks for sharing! You are so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shirt is so cute- and so is your blog! Thank you SO much for the suggestion for my bathroom redo - I would LOVE to paint it a dusty blue/gray! Unfortunately we can't paint :( I will need you to help me with paint colors when we can though!

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.