Thursday, December 9, 2010

"S" is for Salamander

My best friend threw a party for her fiance and themed it "S is for Sal". (since his name is Sal :P) And of course I had to be a SALamander. I couldn't resist. And of course I had to make it myself.

Check me out:
Stunningly sexy if I don't say so myself. Now lets just say you want to be a salamander too! Let me show you how I did this.

I started out with a XXL sweater that was $2 at the thrift store and took in the sides so that it fit me like a sweater dress.

Then I purchased a half a yard of black felt and a 1/4 yard of yellow felt. I think the total for that was about $4. I also purchased a black visor and black gloves that were $1 each.

Then I put yellow dots all over it, made eyes out of white trash bags, and dots on my toes and fingers. I also used the black felt to make a tail (check it out in the mirror in my first picture). I hot glued the whole thing together. And for a grand total of $8 I had myself an salamander costume.

I would say it turned out pretty darn funny. Everyone loved it.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ali,
    I made you a topic on our salamanderforum...
    http://www.salamanders.nl/forum/beeksalamanders-(neurergus-soorten)/weer-een-nieuwe-neuregus-ontdekt/msg30908/?topicseen#msg30908

    greets alex (also known as Ali)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny! I love the fingers and toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egads! I love it! I used to own pet Salamanders as a kid, so it's safe to say that your costume is spot on! Nice work!

    George
    Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  4. replica bags from turkey these details w3q20d0k93 replica bags gucci Bonuses x0d58v1i21 bags replica ysl replica bags blog replica bags qatar official site x2y17n0a19 replica bags us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonuses t5p95n6k33 bags replica gucci replica bags online replica bags in china replica hermes bags w2i34i7t15 replica bags in london published here k8q89r9j38 replica bags china replica bags chicago

    ReplyDelete
  6. great site i0h21i2b00 best replica designer bags replica bags joy c3h29u7h69 replica prada nylon bags you can check here v9z28t8z29 replica bags near me replica evening bags replica hermes bags j2u34i8l03 replica bags manila

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.