Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Faux Window etching decal

I have a mirrored closet in my hallway/bathroom area That I'm not the biggest fan of. But I'm renting so I can't really do too much about it.

While I was roaming the Dollar tree I came across this clear book cover roll. Its a roll of sticky plastic that is kind of like shelving liner. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but I have finally figured it out.

Here is what you will need:
 First: Draw out petals (or whatever other design you may want) with a marker. I wouldn't suggest a ball point or pencil because it will dent the plastic.
 Second: Cut out your design. If you cut individual pieces it will be easier if you lay them out how you want them to be placed before you start placing them.
 Third: Peel each piece from its backing. I used my exacto knife to help peel the back off.
 It's hard to take a picture of this decal. But it looks much better in person. It's subtle and cute. It's just enough to give some interest to the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever! Found you via Dollar Store Crafts. I love this idea. The dollar store is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.