Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What to do with a Half Dead bouquet of flowers

My boyfriend is a super nice guy and brings me "random-I-love-you" flowers (yes, I'm bragging).  And I like to bask in the love for as long as possible. But I hate when half of the flowers die, and the other half are still alive. 

Do you just throw them all out?

Do you keep them in the vase?

Do you take out the dead ones and have a sparse vase of flowers?

I have a solution!  

I saw this vase from urban outfitters and I loved it:
But it was $24 and the reviews said that you can't take the beakers out and wash them. That sounds gross to me. But I was obsessed with the idea, so I just bought a test tube stand set online for $6.
When the big flowers died I took out all the ones that were still alive and trimmed them down and put them in my "test tube vase". It spreads them out and makes the last little bit of flowers I have left look "purposeful and cute" rather than "sparse and leftover". 

Check it out!
I think it looks great on my shelves in the living room. 

Much better than a half dead bouquet!



Ps. This is my 100th post! Isn't that like a milestone or something?

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post!

    This is a wonderful idea! I tend to buy a bouquet of all the same flowers, so they would have the same life-span! But I love the variety that a mixed bouquet brings. This is a great solution for displaying your longer lasting ones from the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vases/test tube idea!! (and I agree...not being able to wash them would be gross haha)

    Congrats on your 100th post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your 100th post! I love that idea. I would never have thought to use a test tube stand, clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute idea, i love it!!

    thanks for your comment on my blog, bending over in sheer leggings....bad images.... hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! Love the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.