Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Better Homes and Gardens inspired Hanging Basket

I saw this cute little hanging basket in a magazine. I can't remember the price but I thought "I can make that for cheaper" as always :) So I stopped by the Dollar Tree to pick up some of those hanging baskets I've seen recently. I had two different kinds of twine on hand but they have it at the dollar tree for a dollar. So total this project will cost you $2.

Better Homes and Gardens:
Mine:

Read on for a Tutorial!





First of all I would like to say, make sure that you have at least and Hour... and a good movie/show on. Cuz this project gets a little tedious. I know.. not what you want to hear. But if you have thicker twine or rope it will go much faster.

You will need:

-twine
-basket
-hot glue gun

ONE: Flip your basket upside down. My basket had a clips so i could take off the chain which made things a little easier. Start with one end of your twine and glue it to the bottom of the basket. Continue to glue and wrap in a spiral around the basket. I started with one but ended up doubling up and wrapping two strands at a time to speed things up.














TWO: Continue wrapping.....

THREE: Continue wrapping.....

you can switch up the twine colors if you want so its striped looking or do the top inch in the different color twine. Whatever you like :)

Then FINALLLYYYY you're done. And you will have something like this:



Then you can put some flowers in it! I had some basil growing that I planted from seeds that I got 2/$1 at the dollar tree so I put them in there. Flowers will probably look prettier tho :)


I think I'm going to have to wait a little while before I do the other one because I got a little bored :P I like instant gratification and it was a little tedious. But it turned out looking really nice. Super cheap way to dress up a dollar store basket. I have two hanging on my patio and now they don't match.. That will probably be my motivation to do the other one. haha. Have fun!

4 comments:

I Love comments! Feel free to leave any feedback or suggestions! Thanks for reading.